WOW – all I can say is WOW. This is the best French toast I’ve ever had. It was perfectly flavored with just enough eggs, cinnamon, and more. Be sure to use Texas toast or another thickly sliced toast (Challah, sourdough, etc) for best results. If you use just the thin sandwich bread it will fall apart before you get it to the griddle. It turned out beautifully and the rest of it will go in my freezer for later. It’s a great way to get protein in those anti-protein kids and for us adults, to eat something other than pure carbs for breakfast! It looked like too much cinnamon while mixing, but it tasted perfect.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract**
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 12 thick slices bread (Texas toast or Brioche, etc)
**Omit cinnamon or vanilla if they bother you.
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.