This recipe was DELICIOUS. The flavor comes from the cheese and oiled & toasted bread, but mainly from the roasted tomatoes with garlic slivers. It’s divine. I will definitely make this every few weeks! Superb! It cooks up quickly too.
*This is I.C. safe for me because it uses a small amount of raw tomatoes, not canned, and I omitted red pepper flakes. It may not be I.C. safe for you. Adjust if desired.
- 6 plum tomatoes (make sure they are more on the ripe side)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 split hero rolls (large enough for a filleted chicken breast)
- 4 chicken cutlets (or filleted boneless skinless chicken breasts like I used)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. thinly sliced mozzarella
- Core and halve the plum tomatoes. Slip some thinly sliced garlic into each half.
- Gently toss tomatoes with olive oil, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt and pepper until well coated.
- Brush the split hero rolls with olive oil. Separately grill rolls until toasted, and tomatoes until tender.
- Season 4 chicken cutlets as desired and grill one side, flip, then top with grated Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Grill until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Make sandwiches with rolls, chicken, and tomatoes as pictured.