I love this recipe, it fills your home with a pumpkin aroma. I make it year round! The ingredients below make 2 loaf pans; so I usually divide it in half because we don’t eat that much of it. It freezes well so you can definitely freeze the remainder! One time I made it I did not have two eggs, so I used one egg + a heaping tablespoon of applesauce and it came out fine! So next time I may just substitute applesauce for the two eggs! For me, the one loaf cooked 90 minutes just like they said!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- cups white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugar, oil and eggs. Stir in pumpkin. Slowly blend the flour mixture into pumpkin mixture. While blending the mixture add water incrementally. Pour the batter into two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 90 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.