- 3 large bananas (ripe, preferably with brown spots)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg (or use egg-replace like “Neat Egg” like we did), slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped nuts (optional, but great) —Think walnut, cashew, peanut, etc. I used cashew, it was fantastic. **
- Chocolate chips (optional)
**Use unflavored nuts! If you don’t check, you may purchase peanuts that have onion and garlic flavors in them. Check your ingredient label.
Pro Tip: if you want to save money, buy your nuts at ALDI or pay the price, literally. I love all their nuts that I can have, but I especially love their giant, plump cashews.
- Mash bananas with a fork.
- Add sugar and the slightly beaten egg.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Stir in dry ingredients: baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Put liners in your medium size muffin pans. Spoon batter into your liners.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes at 350* F.
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness – also, they should be slightly golden brown.