I halved and slightly edited this recipe, because I had to. First I’ll post the original recipe, and beneath it, I’ll post the changes I made.
It’s absolutely delicious and doesn’t taste anything like the sum of its ingredients. It’s a super delicious recipe that my son loved (he ate two), and all of us adults loved! A+! It’d be even better with a scoop of real vanilla ice cream, but we didn’t have any!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon **
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew ™ **
- **Known IC irritants, tread carefully!
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup butter (1 sticks) (I used about 7 tablespoons).
- < 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon**
- 12 oz. 100% pure apple juice (without high fructose corn syrup, just has apples and ascorbic acid).
- **Since I halved the recipe, I put it in a small glass dish which was half the size of a 9×13″ dish. The baking time remained the same.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13″ inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles.
- Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew(TM) over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.