I made this recipe for my favorite quiche. So, if you’re going to steal any recipes on my site without referencing my site name, please don’t steal this one. 🙂 To me this quiche is near perfection and I don’t think I’ll make any new quiche after this! Slice into servings and freeze remainder in aluminum foil, if desired!
- Pre-made pie crust, thawed at room temp for 15 minutes, or your own homemade pie crust
- 1-2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green (or any colored) bell pepper, top removed, seeded/membranes removed, diced**
- 1 stalk green onion, root end removed, finely chopped**
- 1/2 cup half and half, regular fat (or if you desire, low fat, but it’ll affect the flavor)
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- coarse salt
- 1 c. mixed shredded cheese (your favorite cheese is great here: swiss, mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, etc)
- 6 slices deli honey ham, chopped into bite sized pieces (or your favorite ham steak, chopped)
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved**
**Known IC irritant, please tread carefully! Please omit it, if you know it bothers you. Choose the correct colored pepper, some are irritating, some are not.
- Preheat your oven to 350* F and place your oven rack on the middle position of the oven.
- Begin by placing de-thawed pie crust in your pie pan, forming around edges and sides snugly.
- Heat your olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until it gets shimmery and warm. Carefully put your chopped green peppers and green onion in oil and saute until pepper pieces are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Crack 5 eggs into a large Pyrex or bowl, making sure not to get any eggshell in bowl. Add 1/2 cup half-and-half, and coarse salt to taste; whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- It’s time to assemble your quiche: sprinkle 1/2 your green pepper/onion mixture onto dough in pie plate. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 your ham.
- Rewhisk your egg/half and half mixture if it has separated and pour on top of quiche.
- Layer additional cheese, ham, and green pepper/onion mixture until it’s all used up. You can’t go wrong here.
- Top with halved cherry tomatoes, cut side down, so they are sticking out of quiche.
- Cover edges of pie plate with foil or a silicone pie guard, like I have.
- Bake approximately 35-38 minutes depending on your oven, until the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out mostly clean.