What a great, simple recipe! It was fun to roll and make! It has a very deep, gourmet flavoring. *Even though it says 4 boneless chicken breasts, I had to halve the breasts first because they were too thick. As you can see by the 2nd photo, it makes great and attractive leftovers. From “Frugal Foodie” cookbook.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts*
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8-12 basil leaves —–(I put 3 leaves into each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- On a cutting board, pound chicken breasts flat with a kitchen hammer.
- Place 1 slice prosciutto, 1 T. Parmesan, and 2 basil leaves on each breast.
- Roll up chicken breasts and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Roll each breast through flour to lightly coat, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan heat olive oil and saute chicken over medium heat until golden brown on all sides.
- Add 1 cup wine to pan, cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15-20 mins, turning several times, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove from pan, increase heat and add remaining 1/2 cup of wine.
- Deglaze skillet and reduce liquid to form sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, spoon over chicken, and serve. (I recommend letting it rest for 10 mins. though before serving).