This is a great, healthy recipe off of Foodnetwork.com. You simply slice up your zucchini, toss it in olive oil, and then cover it in your mixture of Parmesan/bread crumbs/salt/pepper. Only at the last minute did I realize that it said freshly grated Parmesan like from a Parmesan brick of cheese. Since I didn’t have that, used the Parmesan in the container and mixed in some shredded mozzarella cheese; it still was tasty! I will try it again with the preferred ingredient. The near burnt cheese flavor was divine. I used a metal baking pan with aluminum foil coated generously with cooking spray, nothing stuck! I had to lessen the time slightly. I had to make more Parmesan mixture as it wasn’t enough and/or I put too much mixture on, but it was worth it.
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce)
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs, like Panko or plain bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and salt. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.