This is a great, healthy recipe off of Foodnetwork.com. You simply slice up your zucchini, toss it in olive oil, and then cover it in your mixture of Parmesan/bread crumbs/salt/pepper. Only at the last minute did I realize that it said freshly grated Parmesan like from a Parmesan brick of cheese. Since I didn’t have that, used the Parmesan in the container and mixed in some shredded mozzarella cheese; it still was tasty! I will try it again with the preferred ingredient. The near burnt cheese flavor was divine. I used a metal baking pan with aluminum foil coated generously with cooking spray, nothing stuck! I had to lessen the time slightly. I had to make more Parmesan mixture as it wasn’t enough and/or I put too much mixture on, but it was worth it.
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce)
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.