- Green leaf lettuce, rinsed and dried
- black beans
- avocado, freshly sliced
- black beans, low sodium, plain, rinsed and drained
- plain corn chips (not seasoned, not spicy) or plain toasted corn tortillas
- flank steak or comparable steak
- salt, onion powder and/or garlic powder, if desired
- cilantro, rinsed and dry
- PLAIN Chihuahua cheese, Gouda, shredded cheddar, or whatever cheese you love that’s safe
—> OMIT: Limes/citrus, bottled dressing, tomato, spicy seasonings, pico de gallo, guacamole because it’s usually prepared with lime, anything acidic, and also avoid spicy cheese like spicy chihuahua cheese.
- Season with flank steak with salt and onion/garlic powder, if desired.
- Grill your flank steak for best results.
- Make a bed of your clean and dry lettuce, chopped into bite size pieces.
- Add your sliced cheese, black beans, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, corn chips.
- If you need a dressing, I have found that bottled dressings are entirely unsafe especially with the preservatives and citric acid! I use olive oil and honey and never have had a problem.