This is a stellar recipe for a simple snack that I like to call “Cheesy artichoke bread”, also known as artichoke French bread pizza. It tastes just wonderful and it’s full of flavor. I omitted the red pepper. My son, who is very picky with foods, ate it without noticing the artichoke and just thought it was cheesy bread. He was thrilled. Next time I’ll lightly food process the artichoke so it’s not so obvious.
I doubled the ingredients and used a larger loaf – actually, a ciabatta loaf. I am glad I did, it was all gone in about two days.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- small baguette —(I used a dense ciabatta loaf)
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley, for topping
- Combine 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1/2 tsp. each red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and kosher salt; brush on a split small baguette.
- Top with 1/2 cup each ricotta, chopped marinated artichoke hearts, and shredded mozzarella.
- Broil (on low) until the cheese is browned and bubbling. (Set the time 5 minutes so you don’t come back to a burnt, smoking mess).
- Top with chopped fresh parsley.