This is my creation. You can’t go wrong with this smoothie – it’s super simple and fast. I put all the ingredients in my Ninja and it does all the work! Sometimes we have this for breakfast, or as an afternoon snack, or even a few hours before bed.
All ingredients are approximations, you don’t even need to measure the fruit, just guesstimate, taste, and adjust if necessary.
Makes about two servings.
- One 6 oz. container Yoplait original French vanilla yogurt**
- About a cup frozen strawberries (freeze them yourself, save money).**
- About a cup frozen bananas, previously sliced into approximately 1/2″ pieces prior to freezing**
- Cold water to thin, if necessary.
**Or use whatever your favorite yogurt is, whatever flavor would work with the fruit. Greek yogurt will change the flavor, so remember that. Be careful with Yoplait yogurt – if you buy the ‘light’ version, the package will say “No aspartame” but it surely has Splenda in it: look for sucralose, the other name for Splenda, in the ingredient list. My husband gets horrid headaches from Splenda that last many hours, and I, with I.C. cannot have any fake sweeteners, or I will suffer.
- Pour yogurt into bottom of your food processor, add a little cold water (about a 1/4 cup), add your fruit. Cover.
- Turn on your blender on low and process until your smoothie is thoroughly mixed. Add additional cold water if mixture gets too thick. If mixture is not flavorful enough, add more frozen fruit.