I can no longer have amazing hot cocoa, coffee, and all those wonderful things. With a very irritated I.C. bladder, I have to find another route to the joy of hot chocolate. So I looked online and found this recipe from www.gimmesomeoven.com, and gave it a try. I had the 2% milk and homemade vanilla on hand, so all I needed was the white chocolate. I got a big bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate chips and gave it a whirl! It’s creamy, whips up in about five minutes, and tastes Starbucks-like to me.
–Makes about four ample servings. It’s a filling drink that is wonderful.
- 4 cups of milk of your choice (or you can substitute heavy cream or half and half, or do a mixture).
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. white chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or white chocolate chips)
- whipped cream or marshmallows for topping
TIP: Use real vanilla extract or homemade vanilla extract (click here to see my recipe).
- Stir together milk, vanilla, and chopped white chocolate in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the white hot chocolate comes to a simmer. (Do not let it come to a bowl). *I just got the mixture very hot, I didn’t simmer it.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with whip cream or marshmallows, if desired.