I’m obsessed with a Huck Finn Donut’s dish called “Chicken Ceasar Pita”. I’ve spent too much money buying it in the restaurant over and over again. One of my friends loves it too. I don’t need the fries or the fruit cup, so it’s not the best deal in the restaurant to order this dish AND it’s kind of simple, so why not make it at home? It came out shockingly close to the restaurant meal!
I can’t have Caesar dressing as it has lemon in it, so I just used Ken’s Italian with Romano dressing.
The following ingredients are for 2 servings.
- About 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, (Make sure it’s filleted so it cooks evenly and quickly)
- (Pepper, coarse salt, onion powder, garlic powder)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 Kronos pitas (not pita pockets)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Caesar salad dressing, or Italian dressing
- 2-3 thick slices of Swiss cheese
- Begin by heating pan with vegetable oil, on medium heat.
- Fillet your boneless skinless chicken breast if necessary. Pat dry.
- Season the chicken on both sides with pepper, coarse salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Once the oil in pan is heated, add chicken breasts, flip after chicken is browned on one side, and cook thoroughly until at least 165* F.
- Remove to a clean plate and let chicken rest 5-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, add your 2 pitas to the pan that has residual oil and heat. Remove pitas to clean plates ready to serve.
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add back to pan and cover with desired amount of Swiss cheese slices. Let cheese melt 2-3 minutes onto chicken.
- Add cheese-covered chicken to top of warmed pitas.
- Place chopped tomato and shredded lettuce on top of chicken pita.
- Drizzle Caesar or Italian dressing to top of veggie-covered chicken pita.
- Serve warm.