This is a perfectly simple and fast way to cook your brown rice. The pressure cooker (my Instapot) infuses so much flavor in a short time, it shocks me!
For the first time making it, I halved it with no issues.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups long brown rice
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes (or, if using bouillon from jar, use 4 tsp.)
- 3 dashes Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, original**
- 3 tablespoons butter
**Instead of Mrs. Dash, which has ingredients I can not have, I used a mixture of dried oregano, basil, garlic, and onion (all dried) and it turned out fabulously!
- Spray pressure cooker with cooking oil / spray.
- Add all ingredients to cooker.
- Set pressure cooker to “sealing”, not venting.
- I set it on manual for 15 minutes. Once the correct pressure is achieved, it will countdown from 15 minutes.
- I slowly and carefully released the steam vent with a long spoon with a hook at the end.
- It wasn’t done, so I put it on “keep warm” and about 5 minutes later, it was perfect!