This is such a simple pulled pork recipe! It only works with regular root beer, not diet. So it’s the only time you’ll see regular pop in my house. It turns out beautifully! The recipe says you can make it with a pork loin roast, but I had tried that previously and noticed the tenderloin shreds MUCH easier! Leftovers are just as good as the main meal! We used Sweet Baby Ray’s “Original” sauce, my favorite BBQ sauce, even though it’s not the healthiest one, it’s one sacrifice we make because we love it. You could use any BBQ though. ENJOY!
- One 2-lb. pork tenderloin
- One 12 fl. oz. can or bottle root beer (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- One 18 oz. bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 8 Hamburger buns, split (lightly toasted, optional)
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker, pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked and shreds easily, about 6-7 hours. (Pork should get to a minimum temperature of 160 degrees to be safe, though the USDA said it can be 145, I go with 160 minimum). The length of slow cooker time varies by your slow cooker.
- Drain well. Stir in BBQ sauce.
- Serve over buns.