What a unique dish! This is definitely a recipe that you could tweak to your liking. I like apricot flavor but we noticed we didn’t love a full 1/2 cup of them in the peppers. We’ll add apricot in the future, just less. Yummy recipe and it’s interesting to see a pepper recipe without a tomato-based sauce!
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup raw couscous
- 4 sliced scallions (optional – I didn’t do this, just added onion powder)
- 1 cup crumbled Feta
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 4 hollowed-out bell peppers
- Brown 1/2 lb. ground beef.
- Cook 1/2 cup couscous according to package directions.
- Mix the beef, couscous, 4 sliced scallions, 1 cup crumbled Feta, and 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots; season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff mixture into 4 hollowed-out bell peppers and bake at 400° F, covered, until tender, 45-50 minutes.