This cheesy garlic bread is very flavorful and yummy. It’s a different taste because it has olive oil versus butter. Some day, I may remake it trying just butter and no olive oil just to see the difference. We will see! Follow the directions and you’ll get an awesome cheesy bread!
(I reduced the garlic to one clove because I’m sensitive to allium. It was fine! Also, if using 6 cloves, be careful, sizes of cloves vary wildly).
Serves approximately 6 people.
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread or any kind of Italian bread
- 6 cloves garlic (or less)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh parsley
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a small food processor or in a blender, add the garlic oil, and parsley. Puree until smooth.
- Smear this mixture on both sides of the bread. Place the top of the bread on top of the bottom and wrap it in aluminum foil, bake for 10 minutes.
- *Carefully* unwrap the bread, being aware of steam, and place it cut side up.
- Sprinkle over the mozzarella and grate about 1 cup of Parmiggiano all over both sides of the bread.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Slice and serve right away.
Recipe from Laura Vitale.