A perfect sauce to accent your gyros, chicken in a pita, and more. Or you can use it as a dip for veggies. Just make sure you use whole fat yogurt. Next time I’ll be sure to use Greek – or it gets a little watery as time goes on. But it was excellent! I frozen the remainder.
- 1 cup Greek whole milk yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, seeded, finely grated and very drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, plus 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- (Hand mixing is preferred as a blender can lead to too wet of a concoction).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Chill.
Tip: For extra flavor, add some olive oil and some coarsely chopped fresh mint.