We made this today, it’s excellent and perfect for summer (or anytime you wish it was summer)! We halved the recipe and it made about 8 cups! I’d definitely suggest adding extra salt, cilantro, black pepper, and customizing it to your liking. I took others’ advice and halved the oil; it seemed right! Enjoy!
- /3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I halved the oil with no ill effect)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I used powder, it was fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt (Add some extra sea salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (I added extra black pepper too)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (I used onion powder, it was fine)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I suggest doubling)
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro.
- Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.