I finally found a good recipe for baked sweet potato fries and I will not lose it! We halved this recipe and it was a perfect amount for two people. Go by weight versus number of potatoes as they vary greatly in their sizes!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled if desired.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional, I did not use)
- Coarse salt (optional)
- OPTIONAL: You can add 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder with the oil. I added a few dashes of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F. If desired, line two baking sheets with foil. Lightly coat foil with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2″ thick strips.
- Place potatoes in large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine oil, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle oil mixture over potatoes, tossing to coat.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 mins, turn potatoes over, bake for 10-15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- If desired, sprinkle with parsley or coarse salt.