I obviously found this recipe on the back of a Bisquick box. I usually don’t try many recipes on the backs of packages but had exceptional luck with this one! It tastes really good – you really taste the Parmesan, the breading stays on, and you taste the perfect idea of drizzling butter over the chicken before baking! I have tried many non-fried chicken finger recipes over the years and this is the only one I really like. I made it eggless with a simple change, noted below. Approximately 4 servings but I’d say more 2-3. Enjoy!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 2/3 cup powdered Bisquick mix (If you want it eggless buy a brand like powdered Krusteaz’s pancake mix, always check ingredients, click here to see which one I bought.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt or garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (I just substituted whole fat half and half, or you could use milk – anything to get the meat wet).
- 3 T. butter, melted
- Heat oven to 450* F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and liberally spray it with cooking spray.
- In 1 gallon resealable food storage plastic bag, mix pancake mix, Parmesan cheese, salt, and paprika. Seal bag and shake to combine.
- Dip HALF the chicken strips into the egg (half and half or milk), place in bag. Seal and shake to coat thoroughly. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat to use up remaining chicken.
- Drizzle melted butter over chicken (it adds a ton of flavor, do it!) (see photo 2 for details.) Next time I’ll use a bigger pan, I didn’t expect it to be crowded like that, but it cooked just fine.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through bake time with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center and registered safe with an instant-read thermometer.