I was in search of a new pumpkin bread recipe. I have a recipe that is eggless but wanted to try one with eggs. This one fits the bill and was excellent with a little whip cream on top. I reduced the sugar from 3 cups to 2.5 cups (1 cup white, 1.5 cup brown sugar) and it was just sweet enough, but not too sweet. I wanted it more on the savory side. Also, to make it healthier, I did 1 cup wheat flour and 2.5 cups regular white flour. Great recipe!
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar (or a mixture of brown sugar and white)
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (a mixture of wheat and all purpose worked for me)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7×3 inch loaf pans. I just used two standard loaf pans, even though this recipe says three 7×3″ pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.