I’ve made this amazing French toast recipe probably dozens of times by now and it never fails! Follow the directions especially step 1 – SLOWLY whisk the milk into the flour or you will have flour pockets! I warned you. 🙂 I usually double this recipe and freeze the rest. Enjoy…..
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 T. white sugar (or less, doesn’t matter)
- 12 thick slices bread (I normally use Texas toast for best results)
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.