We felt like something different and more lean. These meatballs by Gwyneth Paltrow fit the bill. The maple syrup is a unique touch. I had to omit the raw garlic but it was great anyway, even without the sauce! Makes 2 dozen protein-packed meatballs.
- 1 pound ground chicken (preferably dark meat)
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons good-quality maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (like canola, grapeseed, or safflower oil)
- Lee’s Hoisin Sauce for serving (optional)
- Thoroughly mix the chicken with the salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and maple syrup.
- Roll the mixture into golf ball–sized meatballs.
- Grill, roast, broil, or pan-fry the meatballs until they’re cooked through and serve with optional Lee’s Hoisin Sauce.