I had always wanted to try a taco salad and this easy recipe fit the bill. I halved the recipe, omitted the onion, olives, and Jalapenos (all health or personal taste reasons) and it was perfect for our family. It was simple to throw together, enjoy!
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips (such as Fritos®)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until crumbly and no longer pink, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease.
- Mix in taco seasoning mix and water. Bring the beef mixture to a boil and cook until thickened, about 10 more minutes. Transfer beef to a serving bowl.
- Place chopped onion, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, black olives, salsa, jalapeno peppers, sour cream, and corn chips in individual serving bowls.
- Allow diners to assemble their own salads from the ingredients.