I’m always trying to make more foods my son loves from the can or box into homemade creations. He LOVES Spaghettio’s. We thought our creation tasted dead on but His Highness, the pickiest child on Earth, thought otherwise. Haha. I’m sharing because I think most kids would like this! I used Alphabet pasta. Anyway, I’d make it again because I have a weird fascination with the taste of Spaghettio’s, I’d just cut the recipe in half. It states it makes four servings, I’d say more like eight! Enjoy!
TIP: I freeze the remainder of my tomato paste in a small plastic container and take it out as needed, no waste!
- 8 oz. pasta rings, COOKED
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 T. grated Parmesan cheese (Or more)
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Add tomato sauce and paste to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and slowly whisk in milk and cheese. (If you listen to Julia Child, she would always say TURN OFF the burner when adding dairy to prevent curdling! and that’s what I do too).
- Cook stirring occasionally until cheese is dissolved.
- Stir in cooked pasta rings and toss to coat. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve warm.
*To avoid milk curdling, use at least 2% or whole milk and reduce heat, or turn off, when adding milk. Don’t dump the milk in all at once, slowly pour it in and stir.