I love this recipe. First I thought it was wonderful in the oven, but the second time I made it, I had the idea of putting it in the slow cooker and the result was even better! The slow cooker method is highly suggested! Marinate as long as possible for best flavor, preferably 24 hours in fridge! I used a Boston roast but choose whatever you like!
- 5 lb. beef rib roast (or Boston roast, or whatever you like)
- 1 12-oz can or bottle beer
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup Montreal steak seasoning (I used the recipe for homemade seasoning HERE, it was A+!)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I used garlic powder)
- Use a metal skewer to poke some holes throughout the beef roast so marinade can penetrate. (Poke every single side!)
- Whisk together beer, honey, soy sauce, Montreal steak seasoning, and garlic in bowl.
- Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. (You may want to put the bag inside of a bowl, like I did, just in case the bag leaks).
- Add the roast, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in fridge at least 24 hours.
- Put into slow cooker on low. Use a thermometer to measure doneness. My “SLOW” cooker took 3 hours on low.
- Alternatively, heat oven to 350° F and cook until desired doneness. (When I did the oven method, I lowered it to 300° or it cooked too quickly)
- Remove from oven and cover with foil, and let rest for approximately 20 minutes before slicing.