This is a keeper recipe – it makes great tasting cinnamon raisin bread that can go desserty, it can be your carb for breakfast, or just a treat. It’s a great all-around special bread machine concoction. Enjoy…
I bumped up the raisins to 1 cup – c’mon, it is raisin bread! Haha….
**I used the 1.5 LB. size and “light crust” color setting on my machine.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups BREAD flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon**
- 2 1/2 tsp. bread machine yeast
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup dark raisins**
**Known IC irritants, tread carefully!
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except raisins in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Weighing your bread flour, or any flour will always turn out best. I go off the general assumption that 1 cup of flour equals 125 grams, but check your package or check online.
- Add raisins at the “Raisin/Nut” audible signal, or 5-10 minutes before the last kneading cycle ends.
- Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle.
- Use medium or light crust color.
- Select 1.5 LB. loaf size.
- Once completed, remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack before slicing.