**Photo by SharonChen above. My photos weren’t great this time and I forgot a photo of the finished product – I probably was too hungry!
Okay, these photos won’t show how amazing this dish is. There’s no way to explain just how good these beef ribs turned out. The red wine vinegar tenderized them to perfection. It’s so good just remembering this dish I want to make it again!
Well, I had to make changes to this dish but it turned out A+. I used onion powder instead of the chopped onion and omitted the chili sauce because I can’t have it. It was still wonderful!
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper**
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless beef short ribs (this part can range in price from $12-20)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion**
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar**
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce**
- 2 tablespoons ketchup**
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce**
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder**
**Known IC irritants, tread carefully!
- Put flour, salt, and pepper in a bag.
- Add ribs and shake to coat.
- Brown ribs in butter in large skillet.
- Put browned ribs in slow cooker.
- In same skillet, combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, then pour over ribs.
- Cover lid and cook on low for approximately 9 hours.