I just made this herb bread – it’s super fantastic and ultra easy. I threw all the ingredients in in the morning; I’d estimate it took about five minutes to put it all in and clean up! I’ve made many bread machine recipes: cheese bread, whole wheat bread, dark rye pumpernickel, and more I have forgotten. This is a good one! Here’s the recipe:
Remember to follow your bread machine’s instructions for order of ingredient placement.
- 1 and 1/4 cup water (I used lukewarm)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 and 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (I crushed all the herbs with my fingers to release more flavor before adding to pan).
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. dried onion flakes (I just used a dash of onion powder)
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I just used a few dashes)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan, fitted with paddle.
- Measure and add dry ingredients (EXCEPT YEAST) to the bread pan.
- Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come in contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour it into the well.
- Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close lid.
- Choose your mode on your bread machine, mine said “French” bread.
- Press the loaf size button and select 2 LB.
- Select your crust color, I select medium.
- Press “Start”.