I saw this recipe and knowing most of the quesadillas we make are just cheese and cilantro, I wanted to try something new. It was very good. I suggest adding cilantro. Next time I’ll add more salsa, that was my only tip! Enjoy!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 T. finely chopped onion
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz) can whole-kernel corn, drained (or frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 T. butter
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cilantro optional
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 mins.
- Stir in beans, corn, sugar, salsa, and pepper; mix well. Cook until heated through, about 3 mins.
- Melt 2 tsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Put a tortilla in skillet, sprinkle evenly with some cheese (about 1/3 cup), then top with some bean mixture (about 1/2 cup).
- Put another tortilla on top, pressing down gently with your palm to seal it, cook until golden, about 1 min.
- Flip and cook other side.
- Melt more butter as needed, and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Cut into wedges and serve.