This is a very nice sweet “quick” bread. I like calling them sweet breads because they are dessert and far from a yeast bread! It was easy to make and the only change I made was omitting the walnuts, as I have a problem with walnuts and pecans. It was just fine without it! I used freshly rinsed and dried blueberries – Look at that gorgeous photo of the bottom of the bread! I omitted the glaze because, honestly, it was sweet enough as is. Next time I may reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup. It took my convection oven 65 minutes and was perfectly browned. Definitely use PAM with flour spray on your metal pans for the best result. It popped right out! My entire family loved it! 🙂
1/3 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan. (I used PAM with flour spray).
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, juice and eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in lemon zest, nuts, and blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes.
- (OPTIONAL GLAZE): Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Remove bread from pan and drizzle with glaze.
- Cool on a wire rack.