This is a wonderful breakfast treat. I didn’t have enough Golden Del. apples on hand, even though I planned well, so I used 3T. butter instead of 4. It turned out flavored like apple pie, mixed with an omelet, and a pancake. It was awesome. I suggest eating it on day 1 though, that’s when the flavor and rise was the best. Within 30 minutes it falls to a thin height and won’t be as attractive.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 12 ounces Golden Delicious apples (about 2), peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended. Add flour and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Place butter in 13×9-inch glass baking dish. Place dish in oven until butter melts, about 5 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven. Place apple slices in overlapping rows atop melted butter in baking dish.
- Return to oven and bake until apples begin to soften slightly and butter is bubbling and beginning to brown around edges of dish, about 10 minutes.
- Pour batter over apples in dish and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake pancake until puffed and brown, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm.