Here’s a fantastic blueberry bread that whips together quickly! It features just a few simple ingredients. Since you mix just until moistened, you can avoid using the stand mixer or electric mixer. Highly recommended!
I got this book free via a promotion from ABT Electronics in Glenview, IL. It’s a book called KitchenAid “Cook For The Cure” – Susan G. Komen. Thanks, ABT!
Note: Frozen blueberries worked fine, I ran out of fresh.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter –(I used butter)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8×4″ loaf pan.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, and oil in small bowl.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in large bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk mixture just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Do not overmix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.