I finally found a bread machine recipe for fresh rolls that is eggless and easy! Many bread roll recipes for the bread machine and regular baking involve eggs. Thankfully, this one was very tasty and did not. This is simple and uses inexpensive, common ingredients. This makes about 20-24 rolls depending on size.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 4 cups flour (I weighed it – this equals about 500 g.)
- Bread machine
- Muffin pan (regular size) x 2 pans
- Pastry brush, etc
- PAM spray
- Place liquid ingredients in bottom of loaf pan – including canola oil, warm water, and milk.
- Add other ingredients: sugar, salt, and flour on top of the liquid ingredients.
- Add yeast at the very top – not touching the liquid ingredients on bottom.
- Select the dough cycle. (My dough cycle lasted 1.5 hours).
- Monitor dough cycle in about 5-10 minutes. Scrape the sides of the pan with a soft spatula, if necessary, to scrape the flour back into the dough. (See photo #6 to see how dry flour sticks to the side of the pan). Add a tiny bit of warm water, if needed, to get that flour incorporated into the dough.
- Once the dough cycle has ended, take out and shape into rolls or balls. Place balls into muffin cups sprayed with PAM first.
- Leave rolls in muffin pans on counter to relax the gluten – about 20 minutes.
- Bake rolls at 400 degrees for 12 minutes, or until golden. (Mine took about 15ish minutes).
- Using a pasty brush, brush butter on top of finished rolls.