This is a beautiful recipe – three ingredients and perfection, thanks to America’s Test Kitchen. The world is of the day is caramelization. The perfection is in the preparation and precise directions, which are simple to follow. Don’t judge, this beautiful dish is next to pizza rolls, and I don’t care what you think. 😉 This blog is for entertainment and sharing the love of cooking/baking, not to impress at every turn.
- 1 1/2 lbs. carrots, peeled, halved crosswise, and cut lengthwise if necessary to create even pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Table salt and ground black pepper (freshly ground is always best)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine carrots with butter, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer carrots to foil or parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and spread in single layer. (Use the largest baking sheet that you have.)
- Cover baking sheet tightly with foil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to cook, stirring twice, until carrots are well browned and tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.