I plan to make this again soon. It’s a recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. It is super simple and can be altered any way you like. I drizzled a little olive oil on the chicken. The special thing about this recipe is using the wads of aluminum foil to keep the chicken from sitting in it’s own fat/oil/and juices.
- One 2-3 LB. whole chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 large carrots, split lengthwise and cut into 2-in. pieces
- 1-2 medium onions, quartered (optional)
- 2 T. fresh chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil drizzle (optional)
- Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3-4″ balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rinse the chicken inside and out under cold running water (optional).
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika, and place in the slow cooker on top of the crumbled aluminum foil.
- Optional: drizzle chicken with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Set the slow cooker to high for one hour. (Set kitchen timer to one hour to remind yourself).
- **After the one hour on high, you can decide how long to cook the chicken and veggies, it’s up to you and the temp. of your slow cooker!
- Then, turn down to low for about 2-3 hours.
- Add the vegetables and then cook another 2 hours depending on doneness. Make sure chicken is no longer pink and juices are clear (it’s best to use a digital thermometer!)
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.