This tomato basil soup made with tofu was shockingly good. I found this recipe in my Ninja blender recipe booklet. I’ll post the original recipe, but I had to substitute the 4 roasted garlic cloves for garlic powder, to be safe. It’s a quick, simple lunch soup or a dinner starter. You can’t even taste the silken tofu, it just adds an awesome creamy consistency! Enjoy!
- 1 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted
- 3 T. tomato paste
- 6 oz. silken tofu
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 T. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Place the tofu and broth into the blender pitcher and blend on medium until smooth.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, paste, olive oil, salt, and pepper into the pitcher. Blend on medium until smooth.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and add basil. Warm over medium-low heat for about 15 mins, or until heated through.