My first crepe experience didn’t go well, thankfully I waited a while and tried again. This recipe is really easy and works. Follow it to the letter and you’ll be fine. I used an 8″ nonstick omelet pan as I don’t own a crepe pan. Enjoy.
Original recipe makes 8 crepes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, and oil. Process until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. (YES, YOU MUST WAIT AT LEAST ONE HOUR. Preferably, overnight is best.) During this process the flour slowly absorbs the fluid mixture and this makes a great crepe.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan.
- Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.