This is another Chef Kate recipe. It is really wonderful and a perfect, enticing cheesy appetizer that has a flavor you can’t pin down – artichoke! I suggest using wider loaves of bread like a wide French bread or an extra wide Italian loaf. ENJOY!
- 1 large loaf of French bread
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (You could use less here to be more calorie & fat conscious).
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 8 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (I used Colby Jack and it was fine)
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6.5 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic (I used garlic powder and it was fine)
- 2 T. minced fresh parsley (You can add more parsley to the top like I did for presentation)
- Cut the bread in half, lengthwise. Hollow out the middle, leaving about 1/4″ on each side. Set the shells aside.
- Place the removed bread in a food processor, cover and process until you get crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sour cream, butter, and sesame seeds.
- Spread the mixture on a cooking sheet (or baking dish) and place under the broiler for about 4 minutes until lightly toasted. (About 4″ from broiler).
- In a large bowl, combine the toasted bread crumb mixture, cheeses, artichokes, garlic, and parsley. Mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into the bread shells from step one.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 25 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into pieces.