These pudding cups take a simple treat to such a fun level – even us adults had fun making and eating them! What is great, from an adult perspective, is that the Oreo topping prevents that yucky pudding ‘skin’ from forming on the top once refrigerated,. I do suggest putting plastic wrap on top while refrigerating anyway. IT’S A SUPER CUTE recipe! We ended up making a larger box of instant pudding as it was on sale and used extra Oreo crumbs; this recipe is not exact. We made 6 servings.
(Original recipe makes 4 servings)
- 12 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, like Oreos**
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix**
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package gummy worms candy**
**Known IC irritants, tread carefully!
- Place the chocolate sandwich cookies into a resealable plastic zipper bag, and crush with a rolling pin into crumbs. For a more mudlike appearance, untwist the cookies and scrape off the creme filling before crushing cookies.
- Whisk together the chocolate pudding mix with the milk in a bowl, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 1/3 of the crushed sandwich cookie crumbs into the bottom of a serving bowl, and spoon the chocolate pudding over the crumbs. Smooth out the top of the pudding, then top with the rest of the chocolate cookie crumbs to resemble dirt.
- Poke gummy worms halfway into the dirt. Refrigerate until serving.