I love America’s Test Kitchen and I love dependable cookbooks. Their “The Best Simple Recipes” book is one of my favorites, this recipe comes from it. We used this recipe for 6 burgers as we don’t like extremely large burgers. It is just a glorious taste and it has B.A.C.O.N built in! 🙂
- 8 slices bacon, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard**
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce**
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper**
**Known IC irritants, tread carefully! Omit these three irritants and you’ll still have a great burger! 🙂
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and crisp, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- Break beef into small pieces in bowl, then add bacon, cheese, mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Lightly knead mixture by hand until combined. Divide into 4 equal portions, then form each into loose ball and gently flatten into 1-inch-thick patty.
- Cover and refrigerate until grill is ready.
- Grill burgers over hot fire, without pressing on them, until well seared on both sides and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Transfer burgers to platter. Cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving.