I will never lose this recipe. It makes perfect honey BBQ chicken wings. They are to die for. It’s a perfect sauce and just enough sweet and savory flavors. I won’t try another chicken wing recipe! Just make them and you’ll see for yourself! 🙂
For anyone sensitive to spicy foods or who has an I.C. bladder like me, I omitted the cayenne and hot sauce and it turned out just perfect!
- 18 chicken wings, that have tips discarded, and have been split into two parts: the drumette and the wingette.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika**
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper**
- cooking spray
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, preferably Hickory Smoke Flavor**
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup**
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce**
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
**Known IC irritants, tread carefully!
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Season the wings with the salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne, sugar, and paprika.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a generous spray of cooking spray.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the cookie sheet, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the wings, turning once.
- While they are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat.
- When the wings are done baking, carefully dip them in the sauce, and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.