This is a ‘recipe’ for a very tasty smoothie that I discovered myself. Smoothies don’t need a recipe, you just need complimentary flavors and enough liquid. No pic of the actual result this time, it was so good it was gone in moments. Just imagine a purple smoothie. No measurements needed, eyeball this one! Play with the amounts of ingredients. It will be fine!
- 1 peach, room temp. or refrigerated, cored and sliced
- Approximately 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Approximately 1/2 cup frozen sliced bananas**
- Approximately 1 cup 2% (or your choice of fat) milk
Make sure these fruits are safe for you! They are IC safe for some.
- Pour your milk into the blender.
- Add your peach slices, frozen blueberries, and frozen slices of bananas.
- Cover with lid and process until super smooth – about 45 seconds to a minute. (We love our NutriBullet much more than traditional blenders. It makes the ingredients pulverized into super fine bits. Even fruit seeds are no longer annoying to eat)
- If the smoothie gets too thick or the blender struggles, turn off blender, and add more milk, cover, and re-process.
** When your banana is too ripe or on it’s way out, take off the peel, and slice it up. You have two choices:
1) You can be lazy like I am sometimes and throw your banana slices into a Ziplock bag and put it in the freezer. This works better for bananas than berries. Bananas will freeze and clump together but they’re still seperate-able. With berries, I recommend #2.
2) With berries or if you have time to freeze bananas the right way: slice your bananas and lay them on a parchment paper or aluminum foil-lined plate, making sure they don’t touch. Freeze them for a few hours (1-2 hours). Then take them off the plate and put them in a freezer bag, and label. Initially freezing them separately keeps them from becoming a massive berry lump! I’ve been there and learned the difficult way. LOL