I wanted to try something different and opted for this zucchini pancake recipe. It’s very flavorful and browned very nicely. Enjoy!
- 2 cups grated zucchini (you’ll need about 1/2 lb. of zucchini. Use the large holes of a box grater to grate it).
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 T. chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, or as needed
- Blot grated zucchini with paper towels to remove moisture.
- Stir together zucchini, eggs, and onion in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, cheese, baking powder, salt, and oregano in a separate bowl; stir mixture into zucchini until batter is just moistened.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop scant 1/4 cup portions of batter into hot oil, fry until golden, 2-3 mins. per side.
- Drain pancakes on a paper towel-lined plate.