We love this recipe! It delivers moist and tangy meatloaf that will make you and your guests want more! We used 1/2 and 1/2 and I used onion powder. I added 3 T. of brown sugar to the top. I used 90% lean ground beef. I used my meatloaf pan so that the meat doesn’t sit in all of the oil and juices. The meatloaf pan had about 1/4″ of fat and juices in the bottom. I highly recommend that pan! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (ground shoulder roast is good)
- 1 slice bread (broken or chopped finely)
- 1 egg
- 1 small vidalia onions or 1 small type sweet onion, finely chopped**
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper**
- 4 tablespoons ketchup**
- 1/2-2/3 cup whole milk or 1/2-2/3 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar**
- 2 -4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm (to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup**
**Known IC irritants, tread carefully!
- Spray loaf pan or meatloaf pan. Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish.
- Smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.
- The addition of 1 or 2 teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet® makes this recipe very good.
- Recipe should be”plump” from the addition of the milk or Half & Half. It should NOT be runny.
- A second batch of sauce served hot is good to serve with the meatloaf.