This recipe involves the blender and simple simmering and reduction. You can change up the spices as you like. I used fresh oregano and basil from the garden. I added garlic and onion powder and some generic Italian type seasoning. For not having any preservatives or chemicals, this is a WIN! Mix with some whole wheat pasta and you have a healthy side to your meal.
- 4-5 medium tomatoes**
- salt & pepper**
- fresh or dried spices, as desired (such as oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, garlic/onion powder, etc)**
**Known IC irritants, tread carefully!
- Begin by cutting out a tiny amount of the tomato: cut out the top woody party of the tomato and a thin layer including the stem.
- Roughly chop remaining tomatoes and put in blender.
- Add salt/pepper and basic spices that you chose.
- Pulverize in blender until smooth.
- Transfer to skillet and reduce this pink, liquidy mixture until it turns into a pasta sauce consistency, watching not to let it burn, about 20-30 minutes.