This is a great muffin recipe because it can be changed into many different flavorful creations – and it only uses one egg (my husband’s allergic). I had tried the blueberry and chocolate chip variation before, but this time I tried the orange cranberry and used dried cranberries instead. It turned out beautifully! I’m including the recipe page with variations. Just be careful to follow the recipe changes correctly! What I like is that they are not too sweet. They freeze beautifully! This recipe is true to nature, it only makes 12 so if you want more, double it.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel*
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries (fresh or dried works).*
*Known IC irritants!
- Heat oven to 400° F. Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups with shortening, spray with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- In large bowl, beat milk, orange peel, oil, egg with fork or wire whisk until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt all at once just until flour is moistened. Fold in 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries. (Batter will be lumpy). *If you over mix, the tops will be unattractively peaked.*
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. If baked in greased pan , let stand about 5 minutes in pan, then remove from pan to wire rack. If baked in paper cups, immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm if desired.