This is an excellent quiche recipe. I made my own crust in the processor and it was excellent, easy, and perfect! I accidentally set the temp. wrong but it turned out fine and I froze the remainder slices individually and successfully (first in saran wrap and then in a freezer bag). Defrost in your microwave or at room temp. and it comes back perfectly. I made the quiche crust in the food processor with the recipe below in the link. It was A+. Great flavor!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box or make your own quiche crust, recipe here.
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped, uncooked, and most of the stems removed
- 4 eggs, large or bigger
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt or regular
- Defrost your pie crust according to the box, or make the quiche crust recipe in the link. I did not pre-bake the quiche crust before putting my ingredients in.
- Heat oven to 375° and place pie crust in 9″ glass pie pan.
- Layer ham, cheese, and broccoli in crust-lined pan.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk with fork or whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients, pour mixture over broccoli.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.